“Here are some of the healthiest foods of all time that should be crowding your plate.” Sourced through Scoop.it from: time.com
I’m such a foodie at heart and love trying new recipes. Here are a couple more recipes to help you incorporate some of the 50 healthiest foods into your Fit Body Babe diet plan.
An interesting thing about Ghee, one of the healthiest foods, is it is great to cook with. It is a versatile cooking medium. You can use ghee instead of butter or oil in your favorite recipe. It will add flavor to your dish and you end up using less as compared with butter or oil. Ghee has a nutty and rich flavor.
Yummy Mashed Purple Cauliflower w/ Ghee
2 heads purple cauliflower (cut into small florets, about 3 lbs total), 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise, 1/4 cup ghee, 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, nutmeg
- Place the cauliflower into a steamer and cook over salted boiling water until really tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Squeeze as much water out of the cauliflower as you can, then transfer it to the bowl of your food processor.
- Add mayo, ghee, salt, pepper and nutmeg and process until smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides as needed.
- Serve piping hot with a little dollop of ghee and chopped herbs.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Slice each acorn squash in half and scoop out the gooey seeds
- Place on a lined cookie sheet, cut side up
- Mix together maple syrup and ghee
- Divide maple ghee mixture and place it in the middle of each piece
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake until soft, about 40-60 minutes, or until soft
- Serve hot
Dressing1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons maple syrup, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped, 1/2 teaspoon salt, Freshly ground pepper, to taste, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
8 ounces small pasta shells, whole-wheat or gluten free, 2 slices bacon or turkey bacon, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced, 2 cups chopped dandelion greens, any tough stems removed, 2 cups baby spinach, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- To prepare dressing: Combine goat cheese, vinegar and maple syrup in a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Add 1/4 cup oil and tomatoes and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tarragon.
- To prepare salad: Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel. Crumble when cool. Wipe out the pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil and onion and cook, stirring, over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- When the bacon and onion are cool, toss them in a large bowl with dandelion greens, spinach, Parmesan and 1/2 cup dressing. Drizzle more dressing over each serving, if desired. (Cover and refrigerate the remaining 1/2 cup dressing for up to 3 days.)
- Rinse potatoes.
- Peel them and slice the potatoes into quarters.
- Brush them with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle them with salt and pepper
- Toss with sliced garlic & rosemary
- Roast at 425 Fahrenheit degrees in the oven until they are fork tender, about 45 minutes or until crispy.